PE Grant and Sports Premium Funding
At St. Augustine’s we value the important contribution that Physical Education makes to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that a varied and active curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities can have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and achievement in all areas of a child’s life.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Our School Aims
• Develop physical education in school and supporting Teachers confidence in delivering PE;
• Develop our PE co-ordinator (new to role this year);
• Various outdoor games coaches including multi skills, basketball and football, to support teacher’s confidence and skill level from year 1-6;
• After school clubs for Years 3-6
We will evaluate the impact of our spending by:
• Review the support and opportunities we have received from qualified sports coaching specialists;
• Review staff and children’s feedback on this year’s sports opportunities to include children’s participation, engagement, well-being and attainment levels;
• Monitor the number of pupils who take part in extra-curricular sports activities and teams and review the range we as a school provide.