Sports Premium Funding
At St. Augustine’s we value the important contribution that Physical Education makes to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that a varied and active curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities can have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and achievement in all areas of a child’s life.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE. Each school will receive £8,000 plus extra £5 per pupil each year for the next 2 years – at St. Augustines that will mean around £9,500 a year. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Our School Aims
• Develop physical education in school and supporting Teachers confidence in delivering PE;
• Develop our PE co-ordinator (new to role this year);
• Various outdoor games coaches including multi skills, basketball and football, to support teacher’s confidence and skill level from year 1-6;
• After school clubs for Years 3-6
We will evaluate the impact of our spending by:
• Review the support and opportunities we have received from qualified sports coaching specialists;
• Review staff and children’s feedback on this year’s sports opportunities to include children’s participation, engagement, well-being and attainment levels;
• Monitor the number of pupils who take part in extra-curricular sports activities and teams and review the range we as a school provide.
St Augustine’s PE and Sports Funding
Please click on the links below for further information: